Thursday, November 15, 2012

The Best from a Visit to the SIDCOR Sunday Market: Lechon Kawali and Bibingka Galapong

I've been to the Salcedo and Legazpi Weekend Markets, both based in Makati, and let's just say I'm a fan of both. For my post on my visits to weekend markets, click here. I haven't been to the Centris Sunday Market, it's quite a long way from where I live, but feeling adventurous, I texted my favorite weekend market companion to meet up at Eton Centris, right below the Quezon Avenue LRT station. Below were the best from our loot: 

This was Teeny's order: the lechon kawali, a popular pan-roasted pork dish, from
an unnamed stall.  Pork cuts are boiled, air-dried, and then fried to make lechon kawali.
Like good lechon kawali, these were  crisp outside, and soft and melts in your mouth
inside. I could feel my blood pressure hiking just thinking of  how good the dish was.

Bibingka Galapong, a rice cake usually eaten during the Christmas season. This one
was quite substantial, so I ate it installments. It was as straightforward as the stall we
brought if from. The dough a tad sweet, balanced by the salted eggs. Not too greasy.
The fresh grated coconut provided textural interest.
Sidcor Sunday Market
Eton Centris, Edsa corner Quezon Avenue, Quezon City
Open from 6 am to 2 pm

1 comment: