Tuesday, December 16, 2014

When in the South of the Metro, Sa Seoul Tayo

I've tried the run-of-the-mill Korean restos, but not good home-cooked Korean, and so when my favorite Las Piñas couple say this is the best Korean resto along BF Parañaque's Aguirre, I jumped on the chance. My verdict? In one word: winner!

Appetizers! I love these little bowls. I'm partial to the cabbage (top row, right) and radish (bottom-most picture) kimchi, and the jeon, pictured at the rightmost center row.


I highly recommend the mushroom soup: it was warm, simple, earthy, light--comfort in a bowl. Th mushrooms provided a lot of umami goodness.


Next to kimchi, my favorite appetizer is the jeon, a pancake made of pan-fried sliced meats and vegetables in egg batter. This reminds me of our tortang talong. 


This I found interesting: a plate of boiled Korean-style dumplings (wang-mandu). The dough remained firm and moist, and the ginger in the filling was not overpowering.


We also had excellent grilled salted mackerel: soft flavorful moist flesh cooked just right.


My favorite dishes were the mushroom soup, grilled fish, and the jeon.

Sa Seoul Tayo
68 Aguirre Avenue
BF Homes, Parañaque
(+63) 02 955 5164

No comments:

Post a Comment