Thursday, March 8, 2012

Legazpi City’s First Colonial Grill for Bird's Eye Chili / Sili Ice cream

I love food, and I’m quite adventurous when it comes to sampling anything new—as I always say: I’ll try anything once. So when I heard about First Colonial Grill’s siling labuyo (bird’s eye chili) ice cream, I knew I have to add it to my bucket list.

Last year, work found me in Legazpi City, the capital city of the region of Bicol, located at the southeastern corner of the main island of Luzon. When I freed up a few hours of alone time in the afternoon, I immediately boarded a jeep to the restaurant, located along Rizal Avenue, beside Bicol University in the Old Albay District.

The waiter handed me my order: three scoops of pink ice cream garnished with green and red siling labuyo. I first tasted coconut, and a few seconds later a small wave of tiny chili bombs exploded in my mouth. Eating chili ice cream is quite the experience, but for comfort I’d rather have good ole cookies and cream.

Do a good deed. Share this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment