Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Bayleaf Hotel's Pritchon

In my last post, I wrote about  La Mesa Grill's pritchon, chopped fried suckling pig wrapped in pita wedges. Since I have a soft spot for pita, those round, flat wheat breads, as well as shawarma (a liking I developed back in college), I was keen on sampling Bayleaf Hotel's version of the pritchon.

Here's my verdict: I love the presentation--the pita came in its natural color, not sickly green like La Mesa's. The pita was flavorful. The pritchon itself reminded me of shawarma. I was already full, but I made space for this. It was crunchy, and bright. The only quibble I have is I wished the garlic sauce was more garlicky, but over-all, I love Bayleaf Hotel's pritchon and I love it best with the dark, sweet sauce.


Disclosure: Unless otherwise stated, I pay for the meals I review. This was part of the tasting menu of the hotel when we came by for an ocular inspection for an activity related to my day job. Yes, I have a day job. 

Bayleaf Hotel
Muralla corner Victoria Streets
Intramuros, Manila
(+63) 02 318-5000

No comments:

Post a Comment