Thursday, February 28, 2013

Margarita's Paella Negra at the Salcedo Saturday Market

I love weekend markets, and my favorite would have to be the Salcedo Saturday market. Every time I visit, I'm drawn to the stall of Margarita's Paella. So far I have not been disappointed.

Margarita's paella negra is the bomb! Squid ink paella lovers, this is for you--bursting with flavors of the sea, in this case generous amounts of squid and shrimp. Cutting through the rich, kraken flavor are garlic and the pop of citrus. I asked the server to scrape for me the rice directly toasted by the pan, as this part is crunchier, tastier.

The stall's other offerings of Spanish food appear to be well-regarded as well.


Salcedo Weekend Market
L. P. Leviste Street, Jaime Velasquez Park, Salcedo Village, Makati City 
Open Saturdays, 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. 

No comments:

Post a Comment