Thursday, February 21, 2013

Revisiting My Kitchen by Chef Chris

I admit I'm a creature of habit. Less than three weeks after my first visit I was again at My Kitchen, ordering basically the same things (For an account of the first visit, click here). Would the second date be just as charming? Last time we saw Chef Chris. Would his absence this time make any difference?

For the panizza, we decided on two flavors, one a favorite during last visit, the other new and more to our liking. Reliable Kristina (bacon, ham, caramelized onions, sun dried tomatoes, mushrooms) was bright, creamy, cheesy. Newbie Paolo (parma ham, artichoke, assorted mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes) was darker, saltier, something that would appeal more to the Pinoy palate, although Kristina is no slouch in the taste department. The aragula provided balance  with its slight pungency. Eat the panizza quick before it dries out. It's best with spicy olive oil and a sprinkling of mozzarella.


While waiting for our order, we were served two bowls of oven-hot bread. It was so good we finished them in no time.

I love rolling the aragula and the alfalfa sprouts in the panizza slices. 


I didn't feature this last time, but again, we tried the Spaghetti Calabrese (angus oxtail in tomato sauce with olives, capers, and chili peppers). It was saucier this time but still flavorful. Spicy, too. The oh-so-tender meat portion was very generous. Again, this would be a hit with our palate as we tend towards the grand in the flavor spectrum. The capers, which can be an acquired taste, exploded with just the right amount of saltiness.

We capped our meal with the bestselling lemon and lime cheesecake, which was as good as the last visit.

In a few weeks I hope to return.

My Kitchen by Chef Chirs
The Oasis Paco Park Hotel
(+63) 02 521-2371 to 75

No comments:

Post a Comment