Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Dipolog City's Umami Room for Japanese Cuisine

I wrote in an earlier post that I only learned to appreciate Japanese food recently. Having been used to flavorful Filipino cuisine, I initially found Japanese food as too subtle for my taste. But with age I learned to appreciate the clean and pure flavors of the latter. When I find myself yearning for respite from the bombast of local cuisine, I go Japanese.

While in Dipolog City, we treated ourselves to dinner at Umami Room located at D'Hotel, ranked 1 of 5 hotels in the city. Standouts for me are the ebi furai (fried prawns) and the sashimi platter, the latter beautifully presented in a wooden boat-shaped serving plate.



I'm not a fan of ebi furai, since most of those I've sampled were more batter than prawn, but Umami's version was different. The batter was light and exquisite, allowing me to appreciate the prawns. I love sashimi, and the fresher the seafood, the better. I love the squid sashimi--so soft, not gummy, and the sprinkling of fish roe made it more delicious.


Umami Room
5/F, D'Hotel and Suites
Rizal Ave. cor. Osmena Street
Dipolog City

No comments:

Post a Comment