Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Laguna's Purple Oven for Soft Cinnamon Rolls, Apple Crumble and Choco Banana Walnut Loaves

There are many ways to go to Tagaytay, and one of the faster ones allows you a stop at Soledad 2, where one branch of Purple Oven is located. A colleague mention that the bakeshop supplies pastries to a well-known coffee chain, and that got me hooked. In particular, the soft cinnamon rolls came well-recommended. Let's juts say it's one heavenly specimen of cinnamon. It was creamy, pillow-soft, and to die for. Some say it's a tad sweet, but it's just right with unsweetened tea or black coffee. I was sorry when I ate it all.

I also brought home two loaves--one was the apple crumble loaf. Again, it was just right, perfect with coffee. I love the cinnamony sweet apple crumble and the soft dough.



Naturally greedy, I also bought the choco banana walnut loaf. I let it sit in the ref for a week, yet it retained its moisture. Who could resist a slice of  banana bread filled with melt-in-your hands chocolate chips, perfect with tea?

For my next visit I have my eyes set on the crinkles.

The Purple Oven
Solenad 2
Tagaytay Road cor Nuvali Boulevard
Santa Rosa, Laguna

No comments:

Post a Comment