Sunday, August 4, 2013

Chef's Quarter's Surprise

If you're a sucker for ambiance, this restaurant is for you. Perfect date venue, right? This is how I imagine a Southern California restaurant would look like (no, I haven't been there, but I have a vivid imagination).



Unfortunately, the main dish I ordered was was underwhelming. Good thing I always order dessert, in this case the aptly named best-selling Surprise, because otherwise I won't be back. There was scant information on the menu or online on the components of this dish, but it had well-balanced layers of cheesecake and choco, two things that always does it for me. There were granules of burnt brown sugar that provided textural interest. Fresh mango slices and strawberry swirl provide the necessary acidity.

This was not my first visit--I still recall how good their Tessie Tomas salad was. I just wish next time I'll have more pleasant surprises.

Chef's Quarter
Robinsons Place Manila
Pedro Gil cor. Adriatico St.
Ermita, Manila
(+63) 02 381 3449

No comments:

Post a Comment