Sunday, August 11, 2013

Cyma for Grilled Marinated Octopus, Spinach and Artichoke Fondue, and Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream

I'm writing this while the country is braving for the coming of a strong typhoon. It's been raining and the weather is cool, perfect for snuggling in bed after a hearty meal. My thoughts linger on a meal I had at Cyma, one of the more reliable restaurant chains around.

In that particular trip the aircon was not working, but one taste of the smoky grilled octopus lifted my spirit. I've been coming to Cyma several times before (the first visit was way back in the early oughts), and I always order this.
ktapodi xidato (grilled baby octopus, drizzled in extra virgin olive oil, vinegar, and oregano) 
My friends were raving about the spinach and artichoke fondue, and so I ordered it. The warm goodness of what I thought was eggplant was very seductive. It also tasted like creamy laing. The lime and the tomatoes cut through the rich taste. Best with smoky garlic bread, pictured on the left below.

The mint choco chip with almond and honey is a sure-fire way to beat the heat, whether induced by summer or the aircon bogging down. This is one superb dessert, second only to this.


Cyma has quite an extensive menu, and this early I'm plotting my next meal. 'Til then, to my country-based readers, keep safe.

Cyma
2F Robinsons Place Manila
Adriatico St., Ermita
(+63) 02 354 3909

No comments:

Post a Comment