Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Myron's Place for Seafood Spaghetti and Franco's Choice Angus Beef Rib Eye

I've been to the Rockwell branch of Myron's Place before, and I was quite impressed. I've been going to Makati to meet friends and catch up on one another's affairs. Since I blog on food, I'm given the task to scout around for restaurant choices. Good thing there are quite a few good selections at Greenbelt, including Myron's Place, so we decided to meet up there. Here are the dishes that rocked my boat: 
The spaghetti with seafood, anchovies, roasted garlic, and extra virgin olive oil. I prefer my pasta in olive oil and topped with seafood. Having one that is well-balanced is tricky, I often have more misses than hots. For me, the spicy tuyo (dried fish) pasta I had in the BenCab Museum is still the standard. Good thing this pasta was flavorful--the anchovies punched up the subtler flavors of the other seafood. This gets my vote as one of the better seafood pasta I've tried.
Myron's is known for its steak, and the Franco's choice, topped with pan-seared foie gras, didn't disappoint. The beef was soft and tender, and since I was the only one who wasn't on medication, I thoroughly enjoyed the heavenly foie gras. I will go back for this next time, definitely medium rare, since we had it well-done.

Myron's Place
Greenbelt 5
Legazpi Street, Legazpi Village
Makati 
(+63) 02 757 8898

No comments:

Post a Comment