Monday, November 11, 2013

Peking Garden Restaurant's Golden Prawn Salted Egg and Fresh Scallops with Asparagus Soup

I'm lucky to have office-mates who, like me, are on the look-out for good eats. Since I pretty much confine myself to Manila, I get tips from them whenever I visit neighboring cities like Taguig or Quezon City, which, because of the traffic situation, might as well be far-off provinces. In a recent visit to Makati, I prevailed upon my friends that we eat at Peking Garden, based on a colleague's recommendation. Peking Garden, by the way, is a dressy Chinese restaurant, so prepare to spend more. Below are two of my favorites from that lunch-out.


I was smitten with the Fresh Scallops with Asparagus Soup. Don't let the picture fool you. I love light soups, and this is a winner. Delicate flavor, sweetish fresh scallops, home-cooked appeal. The asparagus was also fresh and plays well with an unfamiliar ingredient, which turned out to be sea cucumber--what an interesting taste and texture. The slight heat from the ginger added just the right amount of zing.

This is what I came for: Golden Prawn Salted Egg, which my office-mate was raving about. Lovely, fresh prawns with the achingly delicate saltiness from the egg batter. This straddles the line between flavorful and delicate, and pulls it off beautifully.  


Peking Garden
4th Level Greenbelt 5
Ayala Center
Legazpi Street, Legazpi Village
Makati

(+63) 02 729 0820

No comments:

Post a Comment