Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Sweet Treats: New Bombay's Lassi and Fog City and Carmen's Best Specialty Ice Creams

For this post I'm grouping together serendipitous finds for those who have a sweet tooth like me. Many times I have an item in mind when I go to a restaurant and end up being smitten with another. 

I've visited New Bombay a couple of times, and I fell in love with its lovely lassi concoctions. Lassi is a popular yogurt-based drink from India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh. 

The refreshing mango lassi is creamy and not too sweet, and tart as yogurts go. 



The almond lassi, on the other hand, is refreshing, tart, and sweet.


Focaccia Italian Restaurant at A. Venue Mall, Makati sells the Fog City Creamery Artisan Ice Cream line. I tried the Rocky Road and it was melt in your mouth creamy. In the picture it looks frozen stiff, but trust me it's silky. It is the best rocky road I ever had.


Kitchen 1B at Gamboa Street Makati carries Carmen's Best Ice Cream. We ordered the salted caramel ice cream and it was salty, sweet, and caramelly in one spoonful.


No comments:

Post a Comment