Thursday, May 8, 2014

Mitsuyado Sei-men for Karashi Ramen and Black Pepper Chicken

Part of what I love about researching for this blog is the thrill of discovery. There's nothing like finally coming face-to-face with the resto you've only known previously online. The first time I ventured to Jupiter to look for Mitsuyado Sei-men I got lost. I was lucky the second time. The place was larger than I imagined, and was quite full with local and Japanese patrons. I love how the owners tired to replicate the traditional ramen houses in Japan. Another bonus are the well-trained staff, who know their way around the menu. I did not try the cheese noodles during my visit, but opted for the spiciest ramen in the menu.
The karashi ramen was complex and multi-layered, spicy and a tad smoky. There's a hint of fish sauce in the dark broth. Compared to a Greenbelt-based ramen house, whose name I will not mention, the onion stalks did not overwhelm the dish. This is the first time I tried the thick noodles, and I'm not too crazy about it. I like the slivers of funky bamboo shoots and the seasoned chashu. 

In my second visit I tried the Cheese Curry Tsukemen, opting for cold noodles. I was told to pour the cheese on the noodles, and then dip the noodles in the sauce. The combination of creamy savory sweet and sour was not to my liking. Well, at least my curiosity was satisfied. 



I prefer the Black Pepper Chicken more. It was lovely--smoky and moist with just the right amount of heat. Best eaten warm. I was fussing with my notes I forgot to eat it right away. 


Mitsuyado Sei-Men
#22 Jupiter Street cor Galaxy St
Brgy. Bel-Air Makati
(+63) 02 511 1390

No comments:

Post a Comment