Sunday, May 13, 2012

Top Picks at Puerto Princesa City's Ka Lui Restaurant Part 1

It has been almost two years since my last visit (you can read my post here) to Puerto Princesa City. Back then I was already planning to go to Ka Lui's, but a packed schedule did not permit. This time our schedule was more flexible, and after a call made during the day (better reserve at least a day ahead), we booked ourselves to dinner at 6:15 p.m. We were advised to show up on the dot, with a 15-minute grace period, otherwise our slot would be given to other guests.
Let me tell you that picking the best from dinner is difficult, since what we ordered were all good. So good that we ignored mud crabs done two way-steamed and with butter and garlic. But choose I must, and this, the same way with all entries in this blog, is purely subjective: all I want is that you go out and try these for yourselves.
Crispy tuna fish tail. This is hands-down the group's favorite--it tasted like lechon kawali (deep fried pork). I was skeptical at first, because I thought it was fried mudfish (I don't eat mudfish because I had them as pets :P). We ordered more after the first plate was wiped out. Forgive the quality of the pictures--I was so distracted since the place was just a big photo op waiting to happen.
Sizzling Seafood Sisig. By now you might know that I'm partial to pork, and when I tried this it tasted like pork. This is one good alternative to pair with ice-cold cerveza.

More picks next post. Click here.

Do a good deed. Share this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment