Friday, April 12, 2013

Happy Returns: Ukkokei Ramen Ron's Bestselling Tan Tan Men

You will recall that I wrote triumphantly of finally locating Ukkokei Ramen Ron's Mabini branch in an earlier post. I was happy with the Shio Tan Tan Men, and I vowed to return for more, hopefully with the holy grail: the best-selling Tan Tan Men. They only cook this starting at 6 pm, and only in limited quantities, so consider yourself warned.

After that fortunate afternoon, I returned a couple of times. The first one was during a lunch blow-out for my colleagues. A few days later, I went during dinner, and finally got to sample the highly regarded Tan Tan Men.

Miso butter corn ramen. Flavorful, complex, well-balanced, and the pork was to die for
The Tan Tan Men, Ukokkei's bestselling ramen. Creamy, nutty, complex, yet
everything comes well together. A little heat would make this even more wonderful
I was glad I ordered this--perfectly fried crispy chicken and rich Japanese mayo.
There's a side of crisp green in light soy dressing for roughage
Crispy banana fritters. This is one of two dessert offerings in the resto,
and this one's a winner. Gentrified turon with langka. Best eaten piping hot

Truth to tell, I prefer the Shio Tan Tan Men to the Tan Tan Men. Until I'm convinced otherwise, the first ramen I tasted in Ukokkei is tops for me.

Ukokkei Ramen Ron
2126 A Mabini St., Malate, Manila
(+63) 02 516-5511

No comments:

Post a Comment