Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Banana Leaf's Malaysian Seafood Laksa

I came for the Haianese chicken (which was just okay), but I left impressed with the Malaysian seafood laksa. Laksa is a popular spicy noodle soup in Singapore, Malaysia, and Indonesia. It merges Chinese and Malay elements. It is made of rice vermicelli, coconut milk, and curry soup base. Banana Leaf's laksa is warm, creamy, sweetish, a tad nutty, and spicy--perfect for the rainy weather. I love the crunch of the togue. I wished there were more noodles, but nonetheless I love it. It was a complete meal in itself, what with the generous portions of the seafood.

Note: this is the first time I'm writing most of the text using my smartphone, and though a bit clunky, I can get used to this.

Banana Leaf
Robinson's Place Manila
Ermita, Manila
(+63) 02 567-8188

No comments:

Post a Comment