Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Happy Returns: Kanin Club's Sigarilyas Express, Seafood Kare-Kare, and Tinapa Rice

I'm featuring three winning dishes from our recent dinner at Kanin Club's branch at UP TecnoHub (I wrote about my first dinner at the restaurant at its Paseo de Sta. Rosa branch here). My gauge for a winning dish: it disappears in seconds. 


First up is the Sigarilyas Express: wing beans cooked in spicy creamy coco milk. It was almost as good as La Mesa Grill's version, which to me remains the standard. Had they reduced the sauce even further, Kanin Club's would have gone off the charts. 


The second dish is the Seafood Kare-Kare: prawns, mussels, and squid in peanut sauce. My friends agree this is so good. I love this even without the protein, but why should I settle for that?


These dishes were so good I mopped the remaining sauce with my rice. The tinapa rice was perfect for these saucy, rich dishes, providing just the right balance.

Kanin Club
UP-Ayala Technohub
Commonwealth Ave., UP Campus
Quezon City
(+63) 02 332-5978

No comments:

Post a Comment