Friday, March 27, 2015

What to Eat and Where at Robinsons Place Manila

My Singapore-based friend gave me this advice: if you can do work, shopping, fun, and worship within your immediate environs, then you're all good. This is true here in Metro Manila, where traffic has made going from one city to another a nightmare. My base has been Manila for some time, and my default mall is Robinsons Place Manila. For today I'm posting my favorite Robinsons Place Manila restos.

1. Ramen Nagi 

This is my favorite ramen place du jour--I have eaten all the main variants, and I'm waiting for the seasonal variants to pop up. Pictured below is the seasonal Bonito Ramen.


For the full article, go here

2. UCC

Before Ramen Nagi opened its branch at Robinson, this was my go-to place for ramen, specifically the Tan Tan Mien Pork Bone Soup. I also love their Halo Halo Cake.


For the full article, go here

3. Cyma's

I remember the first time I ate at the Greek resto chain Cyma at their Rockwell branch, and I was smitten. My favorites are the Spinach and Artichoke Fondue (pictured below), Grilled Marinated Octopus, the Skolatina (Molten Lava Choco Cake), Tonno Salata (Tuna Salad), Yemistes (Stuffed Peppers), and the Flaming Mangoes. 


For the articles, go here, here, and here

4. TGIF

When dining in groups and you have the cash to spare, this is for you. I'm mad about their pork dishes and meat samplers (pictured below). I always order their potent Mojitos and lovely Caesar Salad.


For the full article, go here

5. Arya

I haven't been to the Middle East, but I have a fair idea of what to eat via Persian Resto Arya. I fell in love with their Lamb Biryana (pictured below) and their Couscous Salad.


For the full articles, go  here and here

6. Banana Leaf

Some of our Southeast Asian neighbors offer heady cuisines, but for the novice balance is achieved through matching dishes that go together well. I usually pair my favorite Malayan Beef Curry (pictured below) with the delicate Japanese Eel Fried Rice. Yum!


For the articles, go here, here, and here

7. Cafe Mary Grace

I usually drop by Mary Grace at odd hours--it's hard to get a table during dining primetime. I stand by their Scampi Pasta, Vigan Longganiza Sandwich (pictured below), and Strawberry Shortcake. 


For the full articles, go here and here

8. Pepper Lunch 

I'm not a fan of hot plates, but I love Pepper Lunch's Molten Choco Lava Cake (pictured below) and salads.


For the full article, go here

9. New Bombay

For those who are partial to sweet-sour desserts, head over to New Bomabay and order the Lassi. My favorite is pictured below, the Almond Lassi


For the full article go here.

10. New Zealand Natural Ice Cream

If there is any reason to break your diet, then the calories must be worth it. I love New Zealand Natural's Hokey Pokey ice cream variant for the lovely taste and texture.


For the full article, go here

Robinsons Place Manila
Pedro Gil St,, Ermita Manila

No comments:

Post a Comment